Our COVID Covenant
This covenant applies to both those who have been fully vaccinated and to those who have not. Masking and social distancing are necessary for all.
As an individual who attends First Church of Christ in Mansfield, United Church of Christ I covenant to work with my fellow church members, family, and friends to keep our community safe and healthy.
I covenant to. . .
- Wear a face covering at church activities.
- Sit and stand six feet apart from others not in my household.
- Follow the cleaning protocols in place for the spaces I use.
- Honor and respect the sacredness of each person by staying home if I don’t feel well, have a temperature above 100.4 degrees, have traveled to/from a state that is quarantined in the last 14 days, have known contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Work together with my church family in creating a safe and healthy space to worship as one body, united in God’s love, acknowledging the hard work ahead and the commitment to care for one another.
Together, we as the church, covenant to care and love one another in new and different ways, embracing God’s still-speaking voice."
- We will continue to offer both in person and virtual worship. If the Omicron surge continues or there is an exposure in the congregation we may have to temporarily suspend in person worship.
- Worship will be in the Sanctuary, socially distanced, masks optional, and with a capacity of approximately 50 worshippers. The service will be approximately 30 minutes long. Congregants are to exit the building as soon as the worship service ends and not linger in the pews and aisles.
- Virtual worship will continue on Facebook and YouTube.
- Children's Worship Circle will continue in person at present, taking cues from our local schools.
- Those who wish to participate in indoor activities, including worship, must sign our church’s COVID Liability Release as well as a record of their attendance.
- Small groups may use Fellowship Hall while masked, socially distanced, and with the use of air purifiers.
- While congregational singing is still not advisable at this time, we welcome the musical leadership of vocal soloists/small ensembles or string instrumentalists in worship.
- Local Health District and CDC guidelines continue to discourage eating and drinking together in settings such as ours so we will not have Coffee Hour or host meals at this time.
The First Church of Christ
in Mansfield (Congregational)
United Church of Christ