Mailing Address: P.O. Box 36, Mansfield Center, CT 06250
Phone: (860) 423-9008
Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
At other times, please call and leave a message.
Where Faith Takes Action!
549 Storrs Road
(Junction of Routes 195 & 89)
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
SUNDAY WORSHIP 10:15 a.m.
Ministers: All the Members
Pastor: The Rev. Joseph Blotz
Organist: Erik Haeger
Worship Circle Coordinator: Olivia Russell
You may be new to our community and looking for a church home,
or you may have been in the area for a while and
discovered our openness and warmth as a congregation.
In any case, we welcome you and
extend an invitation to join our church family.
Open to and Affirming of All
WORSHIP THIS WEEK
Sunday morning at 10:15 a.m. in person or on-line
Tuesday evening prayers at 7:00 p.m. on Facebook
Watch services in real-time or look for recordings in the Video section of our Facebook page. >> Our current COVID protocols:
Our COVID Response Team met in mid-October to discuss Worship and Building Use this fall and winter, particularly as the weather becomes cooler and having the windows open is not possible. Though plans are always subject to change with guidance from the CDC and our local health department, we will continue to gather in person, in the Sanctuary for worship each Sunday.
- Worship will be in the Sanctuary, socially distanced, masked, and with a capacity of approximately 50 worshippers. Windows may be closed once it becomes too cold to comfortably keep them open.
- Worship will remain approximately 30 minutes long
- We will continue the practice of masking at all times indoors.
- Those who wish to participate in indoor activities, including worship, must sign our church’s COVID Liability Release as well as a record of their attendance.
- Small groups may use Fellowship Hall while masked, socially distanced, and with the use of air purifiers.
- While congregational singing is still not advisable at this time, we welcome the musical leadership of vocal soloists/small ensembles or string instrumentalists in worship.
- Local Health District and CDC guidelines continue to discourage eating and drinking together in settings such as ours so we will not have Coffee Hour or host meals at this time.
We will continue to monitor local and state data as well as guidance over the coming months, knowing that these principles may need to be adjusted according to changing circumstances.
Advent Adult Education: First Light
Join us on Tuesdays at 6:00 PM via Zoom to reflect on the meaning of Advent. We will dive deep into the history of the birth of Christ, guided by Dr. Amy-Jill Levine's Light of the World: A Beginner’s Guide to Advent.
10:15am: Worship and Worship Circle
10am: First Church leads worship at St Joseph Living Center
2pm: Roberta Smith Committal Service, North Franklin, CT
6pm: Advent Adult Education: First Light (via Zoom)
7pm: Prayers at the End of the Day (on Facebook)
11am-1pm: Open Office Hours
1pm: Book Group (in Fellowship Hall)
5:30pm: Governing Board
7pm: Music Ministry rehearsal (in Fellowship Hall)